Friday, May 14, 2010

20th Century FOX


This post shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. The double meaning of the word "fox" is pretty straight-forward. This was probably my first real cartoon crush. Disney's Robin Hood (1973), based on the legend, is centered upon the main character, Robin, who is a cartoon fox. Robby is not only a great archer, but a ladykiller and humanitarian. He dates Maid Marian, whom undoubtedly was an idol for any young girl watching the film; certainly, I wished I could spend a day in her shoes, playing badminton and being wooed by that fox. The loot of the rich wasn't the only thing Robin stole; he also stole my three year-old heart. He has a deep British accent, he's witty, and his fox's cunning allows him to slide in and out of tough situations with grace-- and I must say, Robby looks good doing it!

Despite his disadvantaged position in society as an outlaw (and friend of a grenade - Little John - not so little, eh?), Robin manages to win the heart of Marian and female viewers like myself. Below, I have chosen to share a particularly memorable movie moment. It still gets to me!!! So romantic. It's like a wish dream for me.




Faint hearts never won fair lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment